The Granite Bay Youth Lacrosse teams all play in the spring season - generally from late January through the middle of May. However, there are still lots of opportunities to continue playing lacrosse during the summer, fall, and winter.
For all players:
- Granite Bay Youth Lacrosse offers Free Sunday Clinics in the fall going from September through November for boys and girls from K-8th grade. These will be informal sessions that will include a mix of individual skills work and team concepts delivered by former GBYL members who are current high school varsity and JV players.
- Wall Ball Sessions are now offered at Olympus Jr High for boys and girls ages 8U and up
- Specialized Training Offerings are available throughout the year for players interested in work on goalie training, speed and agility, faceoffs, or shooting.
- Additional offerings from local clubs will be added to this page as they become available
Competitive Lacrosse: Granite Bay Youth Lacrosse teams in the spring play against other local clubs in games that are "rec" level lacrosse. Competitive lacrosse (with the best players from the local spring teams) is played during a summer season and a fall/winter season. Lacrosse players do not choose either rec or comp (like in soccer). Comp lacrosse players choose to play competitive summer and fall/winter seasons in addition to their rec season in the spring. There is a lot of variation, but most comp clubs/teams ...
- Have teams for starting at 10U and going through high school
- Have tryouts to be on these teams
- Practice twice a week during the summer and late fall and early winter
- Travel to 2-3 weekend tournaments in the summer and another 2-3 weekend tournaments in the winter
Local Competitive Lacrosse Clubs:
If you are a GBYL lacrosse player and have questions about comp lacrosse and what might be a good fit, contact your current coach or email@example.com.